The following guidelines must be met when changing and resetting your password:
- Passwords are to be a minimum of 10 characters and are to include three of the following conditions:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Non-alphanumeric character (#, $, %, !, etc.)
- Passphrases should be used when possible because they can be easier for a user to remember, while at the same time being harder for a third party to crack. A passphrase is a set of words that should include the following:
- Special characters
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Individuals with local administrator access, or those that use a laptop should adhere to the guidelines above.
- Individuals may not use any of the 5 most recent passwords used on the account, even if the password meets the new complexity guidelines.
Password Sharing- Under no circumstances should anyone share their password with colleagues, student workers, students, or outside entities. Information Technology Services will never request your password. If there is concern that your account has been compromised, please change your password immediately and contact the IT Help Desk.